Instant Indemnity Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Instant Indemnity Limited is the data controller.
This policy sets out the basis on which any data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our online portal you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our online portal (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work with third parties, including but not limited to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, analytics and search engine providers and credit reference agencies and we may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail or letter with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.